Sunday, February 28, 2016

Written Proposal


The average U.S. citizen consumes up to two pounds of pretzels per year. I’m sure I consume a bit more than that, as pretzels are one of my favorite snacks. Soft, crunchy, golden, salted, plain, small, big, twisted or straight, with nacho cheese, cream cheese, the possibilities are endless with a pretzel.  Pretzels have been around for 1,400 years, it was all thanks to an Italian monk that used the left over bread dough to make religiously symbolled incentives for his catechism students called pretiola (Latin for little reward). I choose this topic because it’s fun and a way to gain knowledge gathering specific information in depth, and I wanted to do it on one of my favorite snacks. Who and where sells the best soft pretzels in Tucson and how can I make the best pretzels at home?

              For this project I will need to know how pretzels are made. How they came about and some of their history, the evolution of the pretzel is important in finding out why they are the way they are known and how they are supposed to be. I must find out all the characters of a pretzel so I know what to look for when trying to sift through what pretzel is the best

              This information will be found by firsthand experience. Also by cook books and other professional pretzel makers knowledge. We can also look up reviews as well as our own blog will be filled with reviews of our pretzel tasting. And when we do taste these pretzels we will be taking to managers and owners.

              At the end of our research we will have the answer to the question “who sells the best pretzels in Tucson?” And after we have that answer we want to try and create our own pretzels.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment